We are looking for an Interior Designer to join our team!
April 20, 2021
Freedom is a Herman Miller contract furniture dealership in Kansas City, MO specializing in creating commercial, government and education environments with an emphasis in furniture and technology. Our Team Approach, Live Design process and use of cutting-edge technology such as Virtual Reality empower our clients and partners to effectively communicate and strategize together.
We are seeking an Interior Designer to join our team. As part of a team of collaborative professionals, our Interior Designers must maintain a positive attitude, be results-driven, creatively solve problems and have a flexible approach to projects and technology. Ability to communicate and collaborate is key to our company culture.
Our Interior Designers work closely with clients to interpret their needs and bring their vision to reality through workplace design, providing the highest level of customer satisfaction. Responsibilities include programming, space planning, product application and component specification. Basic job functions also include client interactions, inter-company collaboration, computer-based work and finish selection.
• Provide technical skills in the planning and designing of workspace and learning environments
• Collaborate with Freedom team on Project Kick-Off to establish project direction, timeline, and deliverables
• Work within schedules to coordinate timely completion of tasks to final project completion
• Lead programming meeting with client to establish design direction
• Research and identify design solutions that meet client’s needs, design intent, budget and timeline
• Utilize industry software for space planning, design, furniture specification and pricing
• Stay knowledgeable of furniture solutions, trends in the contract furniture industry, technical specification and applications, design concepts, work styles, ADA and ergonomic requirements and guidelines
• Prepare and participate in client presentations including conceptual, schematic, live design and final design presentations
• Lead finish selection process with internal team and client
• Generate accurate and timely furniture plans and specifications for each project
• Prepare and complete design audits on projects to assure accuracy
• Prepare installation drawings and participate in pre-installation meetings with Project Manager and installers
• Four-year Interior Design degree or equivalent
• 2+ years of experience in commercial furniture preferred
• Experience in industry-specific software such as CET Designer, ProjectSpec, 20/20, AutoCAD
• Detail-oriented and highly organized
• Ability to successfully collaborate with others in a team environment
• Proven ability to research/solve design problems and express design intent in a clear, compelling manner
• Ability to stay focused, track and manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Willingness to learn and frequently participate in continued education opportunities
• Dog-friendly a plus
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org